Tuesday, February 28, 2006

172. happy new year to me

First off, I want to thank all of the people who messaged me or left comments wishing me a happy birthday. I know MySpace gets a lot of bad press (just do a Google News search) but as for me, it's been a great way to keep in touch with people.

Second, I got one of the coolest presents ever today. At least I hope it's going to turn out to be a cool present. Miles gave me a gift certificate to get a massage at this massage school in Pearl City. A 50min massage.

Now I've never had a massage before, and although I'm almost always up for a new experience, I have a few small fears regarding this gift. First, I've heard of people getting addicted to massages because of how good they make them feel. I'm on a super tight budget and I don't want to have to start finding ways to fund my next hit of massage. Second, because this is my first massage, I've probably got more knots in my muscles than a commercial fishing net. I'm thinking this might hurt. Third, I have no idea what massage etiquette is. I mean, what if after getting all relaxed I pass a mean fart? Lastly, I'm going to a massage school and while I trust instructors will be there to supervise, I don't want to end up as a star in Brokeback Randall.

I'm sure it'll be fine...although if they make me sign a waiver I'm going to think twice.

Last thing. This past Sunday at my home church, they presented me with an ice cream birthday cake. Just before I blew out the candles, a thought hit me: I didn't want to wish for a girlfriend. See, for as many years as I can remember, I've used my birthday wish to ask for a girlfriend, but not this year. And that was somewhat of a surprise for me...I guess I really have found contentment as a single person (see blog 162). So what did I wish for? Well if I share it then it doesn't come true right? Aren't those the rules? Truth is, I can't remember what I wished for.

Okay, short blog tonight. It's been a long day. I only had to work 1/2 day at ALTRES but after that I was recording the amazing singer/songwriter Laine (formerly of the band Pennylane). I love running Pro Tools on my new iMac (see blog 150), but still, recording can be quite a brain drain.

No comments: