Tuesday, February 14, 2006

164. best Valentine's Day ever (part 2)

(if you're looking for part 1, it hasn't been written yet. Why not? Well I'll explain why not after I've written it. Until then...)

I've never really minded Valentine's day all that much, even as the most single person to ever walk the streets of Oahu. As a single person, Christmas is the holiday I hate the most (see blog 125). I'm not sure what I did with myself on Valentine's days of yore, but tonight was really cool. I went over to a friend's house and watched Swingers - the one with Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau.

Now I don't know what movie single girls get together to watch on Valentine's Day (if I were a woman, I'd want to get together with my single girlfriends and watch "Before Sunrise" - the one with Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy) but I think Swingers is the perfect choice for guys. It's so money.

That movie is an inspiration for single guys. In fact, I remember once I watched that movie at home, then later that night, I actually met a woman at Borders waiting in line for the pay phone (yeah, it was that long ago, so what?). We went out a couple times but it was a no go. But I mention that because Swingers is just that kind of movie where you almost feel invincible as a single person (as opposed to sappy and inadequate and awkward).

I don't know if women like the film, but as a guy, if you haven't seen this movie, rent it, buy it, borrow it. You'll laugh, you'll...well, you won't cry, but you'll laugh a lot. And who knows, maybe it'll give you the confidence to approach that hottie in the cereals aisle in the grocery store.

No comments: