Tuesday, November 15, 2005

118. at last

Okay, NaNo update. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'm not going to be a successful participant this year. That doesn't mean I've given up, what it means is that I'm going to keep going with this mongrel that I've started but now I no longer have that ape on the back of my head telling me that I'm never going to make it to 50,000, that what I'm writing isn't a novel by any definition, that he wants another banana.

I know the point of the NaNo is to write as if to get to that 50,000 word count and that goal is supposed to motivate me to push beyond conventional critical barriers. I know, but in a backwards way, not thinking about the goal has freed me to enjoy writing again which encourages me to write more which is the only way I'm going to have any hope of finishing this thing. In other words, I'm still hoping to get there, I'm just not thinking about it all the time.

Anyway, I wanted to write and say that I've finally written a part of this novel thing that I'm happy with. The chapter is called "Domestic" and it's the first time since I started Anonycity that I felt like I was chasing down the story instead of dragging it out of my ass (see blog 117). It's not a pretty subject and I'm not sure where I'm going with it yet...but I like it and I need to gloat a bit because I'm tired of all the complaining I've been doing.

So head over to anonycity.blogspot.com and check out "Domestic" because I think it's pretty good. And damn, it feels nice to be able to say that.

And if you don't like it then read this.

Tee hee...

No comments: