Wednesday, October 06, 2004

6. clues and hints

So today the synapses were firing right and I got some ideas for lyrics for my band. I can't help but think that writing these past three nights has helped the old pathways open up again.

How good were these ideas? Well as any artist will tell you, most of them are crap and will never be used anywhere but they're clues, little hints urging me on towards something larger and more profound. You follow them one by one. You gather them up and try to piece them together. They don't come in order and they don't always belong to the same whole.

Here's what I found today:

...that the world has ever seen
conspiracy theory
time and space conspire to keep us apart

and that's it. No, it's not a lot but that little bit is more than I've gotten in the last few months. I don't know what will become of these little pieces. The latter two seem to go together and that's encouraging.

Not a lot tonight. Hopefully enough to keep the fissure open.

Goodnight all.

No comments: