Tuesday, October 12, 2004

10. Job, the guy not the career

So I was thinking about Job yesterday and I was struck by the way that God didn't really answer any of Job's questions but still, Job was satisfied with what God did say - which was basically two things: who are you and this is who I am. Anyway, I got to thinking about how I've got all these issues with God and I'm confused, and I don't understand, but I still believe in God; and I'm wondering if I'm open enough to hearing from God. Am I only listening for the answers to my petty questions or am I keeping myself open to hearing whatever it is that he wants to say?

I know the correct answer is to keep myself open but at the same time I don't know how to let go of the nagging questions I do have. It's not like I'm holding onto a bag of questions that I can just let go and let fall to the floor. It's more like they're tatooed to my arms. They've faded a bit over time but I can't wash them off. And everytime I raise my hands to do something for God, I notice them.

Okay, I've got to get ready for work. I thought I posted something last night but I was so tired by the time I got home I probably hit the "Cancel" button by accident. I don't think I deleted anything profound...or maybe I did. Oh well, life goes on.

No comments: