Saturday, December 22, 2007

285. going back to school at Berkeley and MIT...sort of

The internet is amazing. So much better than television.

Did I mention that I don't have a TV where I live? It's funny because whenever I go to a friend's house where the TV is on, I sit rapt in attention, glued to the tube regardless of what's on. I mean it's not that I miss having a TV because back when I was in Hawaii, the television was my crack cocaine. I was an addict. I'd sit down to watch a show while eating dinner and next thing I knew, it was 2AM and I was watching yet another infomercial. And this wasn't a rare occurrence. So like I said, when I'm at a friend's house and the TV is on, I watch the way a recovering alcoholic watches their friends drink.

Not that I miss it. The other day I was at someone's house and we were watching NBC's Battle of the Choirs. What a heaping pile of a show. And what's up with Nich Lachey's choir winning out over Patty LaBelle's? Lame-o!

Anyway, back to the internet.

I found out recently that UC Berkeley posts some of their courses online for FREE. And you don't even need to sign up or anything. You just click on the class you want to sit in on and watch. I'm currently watching the Physics for Future Presidents course - a basic survey of fundamental physics principles. I've also got my eye on the Integrative Biology classes.

Also, a friend recently put a link up on facebook to online courses that MIT offers!

I am in geek heaven.

I must have been a really good boy this year because Santa has hooked me up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WTF?!?! Nick LACKEY's choir beat Patti's?!?! I smell 'Clash' 2!!!