Thursday, June 29, 2006

217. a larger circle of love (thanks K)

A friend of mine sent me a link to this article by Robert (Bob?) Fitts. And it goes right along with what I wrote in my previous blog (see blog 216), even though she told me later that she hadn't even read what I had written.

Hmm...maybe I'm on to something? Or maybe I'm just letting my ego get to me. Anyway, here are some quotes from the article:

As I thought on this problem, God gave me a brief declaration of unity and told me to say it often and teach it wherever I went in my travels. Here is the declaration He gave me:

"I belong to everything that belongs to Jesus, and everything that belongs to Jesus belongs to me. It is not, "Us and them." It is just "Us!" There is only one Body of Christ, and the problems of the church are our problems, for we are the church! The problems of the church, the whole church, are OUR problems, for WE are the church. And we can do more together than we can do alone!"

Several years before I received this declaration of unity, I had read a short little poem by Edwin Markham that says about the same thing as the declaration above:

He drew a circle that shut me out —
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But Love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle that took him in!

Can we embrace everything and everyone that Jesus embraces, even if they do not see things and say things like we do? He is Lord of the whole church, even a church like the one Paul planted in Corinth that was full of problems and carnal believers! We can, and by His grace, we will!


(see the rest of the article at http://www.house2house.net/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=56)

No comments: