Wednesday, December 14, 2005

130. going to see the Crue!!...and Beethoven

Motley Crue was my first big concert back in 1990. I remember the year because the concert was on the same day as my last day in high school. It was an amazing show then and I'm thinking it'll be just as mind-blowing (if not moreso) tonight.

Tommy Lee is one of my favorite drummers. His kick drum sound is obscene and nobody twirls sticks like he does (although I try). I've got seats up in the loges (front row, upper level) so the view should be amazing...I can't wait to relive a bit of the '80s.

Later this month (12/29 to be exact) I'll be listening to Beethoven's 9th Symphony. I got amazing seats for this show as well - four rows back, near the middle. I guess this means I'll be staring at the conductor's ass the whole night, but I'll also be able to soak up the sound of the orchestra up close and personal. Remember that Memorex commercial where the guy is sitting on his couch and the music is blowing his hair back? That's going to be me.

You know, I just thought of something. Beethoven's 9th ends with a couple solo singers blowing their lungs out. I hope I don't get hit with their spray.

No comments: